The word natural is used in the beauty industry almost as often as the word organic in the food industry.
If you are looking for natural products to use on your skin you have to be willing to search for it. And unfortunately these products are not the ones you can buy in the supermarket. These products are the ones cosmetic companies spend millions on developing and the technology and ingredient specifics are taught and understood how to prescribe correctly only by qualified therapists in the health and wellness industry.
If a product claims to be a 100% natural and containing no preservatives it would have to be kept in the fridge and also it would expire in no less than 2 weeks after opening it. Looking for a skin care product that contains natural ingredients is definitely the best choice for your skin but remember that the shelve life of most skin products is only 6 months after you open it so it does need to contain some ingredients to prolong workings of the active ingredients found in the product.
You can however learn to read product labels and this can already prevent you from shrinking your budget and wrinkling your skin by buying products that contain harmful synthetic ingredients.
Here are a few ingredients too look out for:
- Sodium lauryl sulphate
- used commonly in shampoos and facial cleansers for its detergent and foaming properties. It can cause eye irritations, skin rashes, hair loss, dry scalp similar to dandruff and allergic reactions.
- a known humectant that attracts and binds water. It draws moisture from the inside of the skin and holds it on the surface to make the skin feel softer and more hydrated. It can dry the skin from the inside out.
- Found in some lip products and claims that it protects the lips from sunburn and chapping. This is a mineral oil based ingredient and actually causes sun sensitivity and dries the skin out. So the ingredient claiming to help is actually aggravating the condition
- Synthetic fragrances
- These fragrances can have as many as 200 ingredients that are not specified. It simply says fragrance. Most beauty products contain these synthetic fragrances even when they are claiming to be 100% fragrance free. Raw ingredients used in cosmetics especially those of synthetic origin have a strong unattractive smell. So it has to be disguised by some other synthetic that has a fragrance or actually artificial fragrances. These synthetic fragrances can cause skin irritation and hyper pigmentation.
- Propylene glycol
- Used as humectants in skin care products. It is also known as industrial anti-freeze and the major ingredient in brake and hydraulic fluid. It can be a strong skin irritant causing numerous allergic skin reactions.
It seems that not a day goes by without another highly advanced skin care product arriving on the market, promising outstanding results and a solution to all skin related problems. As a billion dollar industry, the skin care world can be tough to navigate when looking for the proper products to use on especially your face.
Becoming familiar with your own skin is an easy way to ensure you make the proper decision when it comes to skin care products for you.
First it is crucial to determine what type of skin you have. Does your skin feel greasy/oily by 11am or is your skin constantly pealing because of its dryness? Does your skin easily react to harsh chemicals? Asking yourself these types of questions will help you figure out what type of skin you have. You can also fill out our online assessment https://bit.ly/yourskinsurvey to find out your skin type.
You must decide what type of result you are looking for in a skin care product. For example, you may be looking for a product that provides intense moisture for your skin or you might be more interested in preventing or curing acne or to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other effects that ageing has on the skin.
Like shopping for any other product, it is important to know what you are looking for before you complete an impulse buy. When considering all these factors, you will be able to navigate the skin care market with ease and invest in the product that will provide you with optimum results based on your individual needs.
This is where your professional Health and Skincare therapist is of great value. They have an in depth understanding of the skin and how it works. The skin care products that you buy only from salons or spas invest greatly in training these therapists even further so that they can understand exactly how the products work and which is the best for your specific skin type or condition.
I believe that the role of the Beauty therapist is to treat people’s skin. There is only one way to effectively achieve improvement in your skin and that is to have it diagnosed, treated, prescribed and educated as to your skins specific requirements. Therefore all therapists are constantly trained in the latest developments in skin assessment. It takes experience to correctly diagnose a skin condition and recommend the appropriate treatment and home care.
The skin plays a key role in keeping your body functioning optimally. It does not only provide protection against germs and prevents water loss, but it also regulates the body’s temperature. Our skin is crucial to our quality of life, taking care of your skin by using proper skin care products should be a top priority in your daily hygiene regimen.
The benefit of using skincare products is to avoid major health issues. When something goes wrong with the skin, our lives can be drastically affected. From life threatening skin cancers to hyper pigmentation and acne scarring can be prevented by simply using proper skincare like a sunscreen to guard you from having these serious health problems.
Choosing the correct skincare product will be an investment in your future as a confident individual. By saving time in buying a product of the shelves you are cutting the health of your skin in half. Take the time to book a treatment. You deserve some pampering and with the guidance of your therapist you will be able to navigate your way through all the fake promises of eternal beauty.
If you would like to find out a bit more about your skin and how to look after it, why not join our Beauty Boot camp https://simply-beyoutiful.newzenler.com/courses/beauty-boot-camp
Here you can learn about the basic of skincare, make-up and hair/